Friday, August 15, 2008

Doll Parts

I have had the flu for the last couple of weeks so not much got done. I did, however do some on my doll for the Totem exhibition. The two long things are the legs and the odd shaped thing is the start of a body. And there's the rest of my wool too. I am hoping to finish the body this week and maybe start on the arms. I am not sure how she'll all fit together in the end but I kind of like it how her body became more shaped as I worked. This wasn't really a conscious decision, but I think it helps to show that the doll is supposed to be female as now she has a definite waist and hips and looks like girls are meant to look: fertile. What does this mean for me in relation to a self portrait? Probably something to do with the creativity and conception of ideas that are later given birth too. It's a slow process with this doll. She takes time because I am using quite fine wool and a compact stitch with a small (3.50mm) hook. Ah well, she'll get there in the end.

No comments: