Monday, July 7, 2008

Moira, Melissa and me.

Um... so, um yes. Well, I haven't actually been making many toys at the moment because I've been writing. So that's good. But I just wish there were more hours in the day. Today for instance: a bit of a dolls leg, a bit of a coin purse, an old romance resurfaces with Moira's red-headed lover (and now I have to sort out a lot of continuity stuff that I've been avoiding for ages!) and of course notes for the snow story. She has moved in now (yes four years after I started the damn story) and the happy family are about to eat their first meal together. Not sure what will happen but something will, I've just (as usual) got one line in my head which all else will have to evolve from: "She liked the ice-cream very much." Oh yes, and I've written the last page of the story now. I don't know if it will stay the same in later rewrites, but I think it gets across the loneliness of James and the hopelessness of his life now. So that's all good. One thing still bothers me though: the smell of chicken cooking in the second scene... Would Melissa cook chicken for James? Realistically, would she? Maybe she'd wait for James to come home and do the cooking? I am hoping that Greg or Sarah can look at the draft for me and help me with some of these details.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

I think Melissa would wait for James to do the cooking. She is that sort of person, or at least she reads that way.